Create A Gingerbread House For Charity
November 5, 2019, 2:51 am
Gingerbread enthusiasts will soon have an opportunity test their talent – and show off their best creation – on Nov. 14 at Wrap it Up, an evening of cheer and local support to kick off the holiday season.
This year, the competition has divisions for amateur, student and professional bakers. It is free to enter, and participants will receive four free tickets to attend. It will be held from 5:30 – 8 p.m. at White River Conference Center.
The guidelines include:
- The entry must be original – no gingerbread kits allowed – and must have been constructed in 2019.
- The entry must be at least 85 percent edible.
- The entry must be at least 1.5 feet tall at some point in the structure, and at least 1.5 feet wide at some point on the base.
- Any structure, including designs based on holiday stories, recreations of historic homes or buildings, and magical make-believe creations, will be eligible.
- Electric lighting and/or motorized movement may be added to entries, but any light bulbs or wires should be integrated into the display and/or concealed as best as possible.
Prizes for the various divisions include cash, trophies, and even a pizza party. First-place winners will have the option of having their piece displayed at Cox South through the holiday season.
The deadline to enter is Nov. 8, and all entries are due Nov. 14 at 3 p.m. Winners will be announced the evening of the event.
The event is a great way to get into the holiday spirit and help members of the community as it benefits the CoxHealth Foundation and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth. The organizations work to provide financial assistance during medical crisis, as well as the funding for medical care, technology and facility improvements at CoxHealth.
For more information about the event, please call 417-269-8809.