Trick or treat, give me something good to eat! These fun and easy Halloween treats are sure to please all those little goblins at your house.
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting, divided
- 36 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 drop each green, red and yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 12 chocolate wafers
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups
- 12 milk chocolate kisses
- For the face of each witch, place a dab of frosting on the bottom of three chocolate chips; press two for eyes and one for nose onto each marshmallow.
- For hair, combine green food coloring and a drop of water in a small resealable plastic bag; add coconut and shake well. Spread a small amount of frosting on sides of marshmallows; press coconut hair into frosting. Place 3 tablespoons of frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Set aside.
- For hats, spread some of the remaining frosting in the center of chocolate wafers; press peanut butter cups upside down into frosting. Lightly spread bottoms of chocolate kisses with frosting; place on peanut butter cups. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert a small star tip. Fill the bag with frosting and pipe stars around the base of each peanut butter cup. Secure a hat to each witch with a dab of frosting. Yield: 1 dozen.
Wicked-Easy Snack Mix:
Sweet and salty, this mix comes together in seconds for a last-minute Halloween appetizer. Toss together equal amounts candy corn, pretzels, peanuts, and corn chips and get ready for grazing.
1 11 ounce package refrigerated bread sticks (12 bread sticks)
12 jumbo frankfurters
Candy eye balls or mustard dots
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap breadsticks. Stretch each bread stick to 12 inches. Wrap dough around frankfurters, letting the frankfurters show slightly through the bread. Press in capers for eyes. Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Serve with catsup and mustard. Makes 12 snacks
Yummy Mummy Cupcakes
Start with frosted store-bought or homemade cupcakes for these quick and haunting Halloween cupcakes.
- Use a pastry bag with a basket-weave tip to pipe on white frosting.
- Pipe on red frosting for the mummy's eyes.
- Make two dots using black frosting for the pupils. Yummy Mummy Cupcakes