March 20, 2020, 1:22 pm
One of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick is by washing your hands often.
Learning when and how to wash your hands is crucial during these key times when you are likely to get and spread germs, such as indicated by the chart below:
Follow these Five Steps to Wash Your Hands the Right Way:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end 2x.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
For additional handwashing resources, here is a link to Handwashing Fact Sheets for your reference.