Healthy Goals for 2024
February 6, 2024, 6:01 pm
With a new year comes new hope, a fresh start, and willingness to make changes. The hardest part of setting healthy goals is maintaining the drive and determination to carry out the actions in reaching the goals that have been set. Here are some healthy goal examples that would enhance every person’s quality of life:
- Getting adequate sleep.
- Limiting alcohol consumption.
- Eliminating smoking and illegal drug usage.
- Taking time for self-care.
- Eating a quality breakfast every day.
- Increase physical activity.
- Limit eating out.
- Plan and prep meals at home.
- Maintain a positive mindset.
- Spend time outdoors with proper sun protection.
- Protect your mental health.
- Eat healthier snacks.
- Drink more water.
- Increase daily stretching.
- Focus on monthly or quarterly progress instead of a full year.
While it is important to set healthy goals for the year, it is also vital to the health and well-being of individuals to continue their routine wellness checkups with a doctor. Be sure to set up an annual visit with a PCP for yearly exams. Women should get yearly breast cancer screens and have routine mammograms after the age of 40. Men and women should get routine colorectal cancer screenings beginning at age 46.
Members can locate the Provider Directory to find a PCP within the Cox HealthPlan network. Members can also call 417-269-INFO (TTY: 1-800-735-2966) to connect with someone within CoxHealth to guide them to a PCP that is accepting new patients.