Independence Day Deserts
July 1, 2015, 10:07 pm
Banana Split Bites Recipe
- 3 Bananas
- 1/4 lb Cored Pineapple
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 cup Dipping Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Chopped Peanuts
- 12 Popsicle Sticks (or skewers)
- Cut strawberries in half.
- For each strawberry half, cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
- Place pineapple on first, then banana and lastly strawberry.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line a tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Put chopped nuts in small plate to use for dipping.
- Melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip cold fruit in chocolate, then into nuts, then place on prepared tray.
Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 1 (16.5 oz) pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups assorted fresh fruit (such as kiwi and strawberry slices, red raspberries, blueberries, diced pineapple and canned mandarin oranges)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, pressed through a sieve to remove lumps
- 1 Tbsp water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan, line with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment paper (or alternately line with foil and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray). Crumble cookie dough over prepared pizza pan and spread into an even layer to completely cover bottom of pan. Bake 13 - 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), whip cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with fruit.
- In a small bowl whisk together preserves and water. Brush mixture over fruit. Refrigerate 2 hours then cut into slices.
Peach Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen peaches or 4 cups fresh peaches, frozen solid
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (non-fat or whole)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add the frozen peaches, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.