Simple September Grilling Recipes
September 10, 2015, 3:32 pm
Are you having an end of summer cookout and looking for something new to try? Celebrate the remaining warm weather with some simple grilling recipes that are sure to wow your family and friends.
Grilled Corn on the Cobb
- 1 gallon of cold water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup salt
- 8 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- ½ cup softened butter, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the water into a large pot, and stir the sugar and 1/2 cup salt together until dissolved. Place the ears of corn into the pot, and allow to soak at least 30 minutes but no longer than 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the corn from the soak and grill the ears, turning every 2 to 3 minutes to cook the kernels on all sides. Brush the grilled corn with butter, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and steak sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning!
Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- ½ cup margarine
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 fresh peaches, pitted and quartered
- 3 fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 3 bananas, each cut into 4 pieces
- 12 strawberries, hulled
- 12 skewers
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and place a large sheet of foil onto the grate.
- Melt the margarine and honey together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook gently, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not let the sauce boil.
- Thread a peach quarter, a plum quarter, a banana piece, and a strawberry onto each skewer. Place the skewers onto the foil on the preheated grill; spoon margarine-honey mixture over each skewer.
- Grill until the fruit is softened and the sauce has thickened and cooked onto the fruit, about 5 minutes. Flip the skewers, spoon more margarine-honey sauce over each, and grill for about 5 more minutes on the other side.
- Cook’s Note: Use remaining margarine and honey as dip or as ice cream topping.
- http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/215151/grilled-fruit-kabobs/?internalSource=staff pick&referringId=17207&referringContentType=recipe
- http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/8720/honey-mustard-grilled-chicken/?internalSource=recipe hub&referringId=17207&referringContentType=recipe hub
- http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/214644/juicy-grilled-corn-on-the-cob/?internalSource=staff pick&referringId=17207&referringContentType=recipe hub